Explore the many benefits of the broadest portfolio of one- and two-component volumetric reagents.
In addition to our broad selection of titrants with different concentrations, we also offer a selection of special solvents, including:
- Hydranal-Methanol Rapid containing accelerators to speed up titration with one-component reagents
- Hydranal E-Type reagents based on ethanol for safer titrations
- Hydranal-Medium K for the determination of water in aldehydes and ketones
Advantages of Hydranal one-component reagents:
- Unlimited water capacity
- Convenient and easy to use
- The greatest flexibility in working media selection
- Suitable for methanol-reacting compounds, e.g. ketones and aldehydes
- Long shelf life (three years)
Hydranal-Composite contains all the reactants including iodine, sulfur dioxide, and the bases imidazole and 2-methylimidazole, dissolved in diethylene glycol monoethyl ether (DEGEE). Adding 2-methylimidazole in addition to imidazole improves the stability and eliminates the formation of crystals which can interfere with the titrator’s performance.
Advantages of Hydranal two-component reagents:
- High titration speed
- Ideal accuracy for small amounts of water
- High buffer capacity
- Exact and stable titer
- E-type reagents: reduced toxicity compared to methanol
- Long shelf life (three years for titrants, five years for solvents)
In two-component reagents the Karl Fisher reactants are separated into two solutions: the titrant and the solvent. Hydranal-Titrant contains iodine dissolved in an alcohol with a precisely defined concentration. Hydranal-Solvent is an alcoholic solution of sulfur dioxide and imidazole. The alcohol is either methanol for standard reagents or ethanol for E-type reagents.